Over the last few weeks I’ve been disassembling and cleaning the frontend with degreaser and a nylon brush. At some point the Jetta did receive the sport suspension upgrade — featuring the 2004.5 GLI springs..
I started working on the headliner. I’ve pulled down most of the fabric excluding what’s stuck behind the trim. I have to remove the trim and finish sanding the ceiling’s surface to remove the leftover debris and adhesive. Then I can mockup and size the new black faux leather fabric with double-sided tape.
I think I decided to go the big turbo route but first I’ll focus on rebuilding the entire suspension. It *should* require $2,000 in parts and be finished by spring. Time will tell though.